How will I get Galafold?
If your doctor prescribes Galafold for you, it will be mailed to your home directly from a specialty pharmacy. A specialty pharmacy focuses on filling and mailing prescriptions for complex diseases such as Fabry disease.
How do I take Galafold?
- Take 1 Galafold capsule once,every other day at the same time of day.
- Do not take Galafold two days in a row.
- Take Galafold on an empty stomach. Do not eat at least 2 hours before and 2 hours after taking Galafold. You may drink clear liquids during this 4 hour time when you cannot eat.
- Swallow the Galafold capsule whole. Do not cut,crush, or chew the Galafold capsule.
- If you miss a dose of Galafold, take the missed dose of Galafold within 12 hours of your normal schedule.If more than 12 hours have passed, do not make up the missed dose.Take your next dose of Galafold at your next scheduled day and time according to your every-other-day dosing schedule.
For example, if you miss a dose that you would normally take at 8:00 AM, then you should take that dose before 8:00 PM on the same day. If you do not take the missed dose before 8:00 PM on the same day, you should take your next dose at 8:00 AM on your next scheduled dosing day based on your every-other-day dosing schedule.
Opening the Galafold capsule carton:
Lift the cover of your Galafold capsule carton (see Figure A).
Press and hold down the purple tab on the left side of the carton (see Figure B).
Hold the purple “pull” tab on the right side of the carton and pull out the blister card (see Figure C).
Unfold the blister card (see Figure D).
Taking Galafold capsules:
Each Galafold blister card contains 14 Galafold capsules (enough for 28 days of treatment with Galafold) and 14 white cardboard circles. The white cardboard circles are to remind you to take Galafold every other day (see Figure E).
Step 1.On your first day of taking a Galafold capsule from a new blister card, write the date on the blister card (Starting date) (see Figure F).
Step 2.Remove the Galafold capsule on the bottom row and furthest to the left, that is labeled Day 1, by pressing the capsule through the bottom of the blister card (see Figure G).
Step 3.On the next day, remove the white cardboard circle on the top row and furthest to the left, that is labeled Day 2, by pressing down on the circle (see Figure H). Removing this circle will help you remember which day you do not take the medicine. Take 1 Galafold capsule every other day.
After Day 2, continue to take 1 capsule or remove 1 white cardboard circle each day in the order on the blister card.
Change (alternate) each day between taking 1 Galafold capsule on odd-numbered days (such as Day 1, Day 3, Day 5, and through Day 27) and removing 1 white cardboard circle on even-numbered days (such as Day 2, Day 4, Day 6, and through Day 28).
Replace the blister card back in the carton after each use.
How should I store Galafold?
- Store Galafold at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C)
- Keep Galafold capsules in the blister card they come in
Keep Galafold and all medicines out of the reach of children.